Studies show that even an hour or two volunteering every week has fantastic benefits for our mental and physical wellbeing. Here are five ways it will do you good:
1. Volunteering connects us with others and improves our social life
2. It builds self-confidence and self-esteem, bringing a sense of accomplishment
3. Volunteering helps the heart. A US study of adults over 50 found that those who volunteered regularly were less likely to develop high blood pressure than those who didn’t
4. It’s great for mental health. Volunteering has been shown to reduce depression, loneliness and anxiety
5. Volunteering is good for the human spirit. As Aristotle put it: “The essence of life is to serve others and do good.”
Please call Michele or Laura on 01608 682838 if you can give a few hours a week to help the team at Ilmington Community Shop and Café. It’s great for us – and it’s really good for you too!